Love is in the air...or so they say at BYU-Idaho. For those who do not know: it has always been a joke here in the 'burg that our school is known as BYU-IDO because of all the engagements and proposals that happen around campus. I remember coming up here my first semester (fall of 2008) and everybody was like "Oh, don't go to the gardens alone with a boy, especially on a friday or saturday night." The gardens is this really beautiful garden here on campus and is also known as the perfect proposal, romantic...whatever you call it, get away for couples. Yes, I do admit I have been their with a couple of my ex-boyfriends. 
There is also a park right kind of behind my apartment complex called Porter Park. This park also as a rep here in Rexburg. This park is known as makeout park...I think that is enough explanation. 
Though...now lets get to the pickup lines you hear around campus. First of all when a guy comes up to you and says he has received revelation that you and him are meant to be and invites you to go to the gardens with him...I give ya advice to run, run, run and never look back at that boy again. I admit that has happened to me.
One pickup line that I got a kick out of is...as we know: the boys in our church hold the priesthood, they are priesthood holders. Since girls do not hold the priesthood, apparently there is a way for them to. Lets say a guy comes up to you and says, "So would you like to hold the priesthood tonight?" he is indicating that he wants to cuddle with you and so forth...seriously guys, don't use that.
Another pickup line that I thought was really good is when you go up to someone and say, "are you virtue? because you garnish my thoughts unceasingly." haha...I think that one is pretty darn good.
The last one I would like to share has to do with temples. As we all know as members of the church is that our bodies are considered temples. Keep that in mind as I tell ya about this last pickup line. So someone comes up to you and ask, "So, what's your favorite temple?" they reply...and then you say, "that's cool, my favorite temple is you." can we say cheesy..lol
Dang, I love BYU-Idaho. Love is always in the air. ;-)
February 16, 2010
Pickup lines of BYU-IDO
Posted by Simply Britt at 6:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Those are some of the cheesiest I've heard! I say run, run, run from all of them! And, for the record, I read all of your blog posts. I just don't comment on them most of the time.
You know what they say..."ring by spring or your money back." Didn't work for me, but worked for plenty of my friends there!
Post a Comment