CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 27, 2009

TURKEY HOLIDAY!

Alright, so as y’all know I got the opportunity to go to Issaquah, Washington to visit my mom’s side of the family for Thanksgiving. This includes: Grandpa and Grandma Matthews, Aunt Janet and her children, my cousins, Alicia, Shawn (which I did not get to see because he had to work that day, so he made his own turkey and had his own thanksgiving), and Brooke, Then my Uncle Mark’s family which is his wife, my Aunt Shauna, and their kids, my cousins, Shane, Kylee, and Jessica. It was nice to see them because I do not get the chance to see them that often.

Well, let’s get into the adventures shall we! Monday was a fun day, we got up and had breakfast (eggs and toast) then we just chilled for awhile at the house when we decided to make a trip to ‘The Falls.’ I don’t think I ever gone to the falls before and they were way pretty, we walked around there for awhile, one day I would like to hike down there but that day it was way too muddy (all that went was me, Grandpa and Grandma). And, of course, on our way back to their house we stopped by Grandpa’s favorite place, Dairy Queen! We had lunch and then we each got a blizzard, YUM! Well, we got home and we were too full for anything, since it was a late lunch. I did some homework and then joined Grandma and Grandpa in the TV room where we decided since it was dinner time and we weren’t really hungry, but it was almost eight that we made some homemade popcorn, (with butter and salt) and sliced apples. As we sat their eating our light dinner we decided to watch the movie, ‘Charley,’ since I have never seen it.

Tuesday came around and we ate breakfast, and had some yummy French toast!! Then I worked on some homework, and about lunch time, Shane, Kylee, and Jessica came over and we had chicken salad sandwiches. We then headed off to, sorry can’t remember the name of it, but it’s where the Almond Roca factory is and we went into the little shop and I got a little bag of Almond Roca, and then a surprise for my parents. Then we headed back and later me, grandma, and grandpa had dinner, we ate some chipolata burritos which my grandma had in the freezer. Then Brooke came home with her boyfriend to pick me up, I really wanted to see the movie blindside, but she insisted she take me and her BF to see NEW MOON. I am sorry to say that I thought it was a very boring, and in away dumb movie and most likely will never see it again. I did read the books and they were alright, but the movie, let’s just say they should have never made one. Ha. But before the movie we walked around Barnes and Noble, which was great ;-) though, I did not enjoy the movie; I did think it was a good opportunity to hang out with my cousin, Brooke.

Wednesday came around and we ate breakfast, cold cereal!! We then chilled at the house for awhile and then me and my grandparents went to take a walk around the lake/park. It was really pretty, I loved the leafs. And since my grandpa’s favorite food is ice cream!!! (him and Neil would do very well together). We stopped by DQ on our way back for a treat. Grandpa was very happy because not only did he get a large dipped cone, they messed up the order, so he got a free large chocolate milkshake as well. We then got home and after awhile we had some dinner, we all ate different things. Then we watched the movie “Baptist at our Bar-B-Q. ‘’

Finally, my last day THANKSGIVING (TURKEY DAY). Me and Grandpa got up early and headed out to their ward’s football turkey bowl. I would have loved to play, but since I did not bring any clothes to get gross and muddy I enjoyed just watching them. Then me and Grandpa went to go pick up my Aunt Janet and my cousin, Alicia. My Aunt Janet made pumpkin cheesecake and man was that good ;-) Then I would like to mention that like I do at every holiday, I usually make a edible plate setting treat for each seat at the table. Me and Grandma pulled together, peanuts, gummy snacks, pretzel, chocolate, and frosting and I made little turkey’s. I will show y’all a picture in a later post I just need to get the picture off my cell phone. Then everybody else came and we visited and sat down for our thanksgiving feast. It was very delicious and I loved every part of it. Then we cleaned up and visited some more and had desert and played some games. Then everybody left because they were all having to get up early to go to work for Black Friday . So then me and Grandma went in to watch some football …TEXAS LONGHORNS VS. THE TEXAS AGGIES…and yes we did win!!! HOOK ‘EM HORNS!!! Then I headed to bed since I would have to get up at like 3 a.m. to go to the airport. So that was the end to my wonderful break and now I am back in the ‘burg…where there is snow everywhere. But thanks to you all for having me come up there and I am really grateful for my family because I know I will be together with them forever and that they do love me and I am so grateful for the restored gospel because without it I really do not know where I would be ;-)

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you ate a lot of yummy food! Too bad we didn't go to WA at the same time. Hopefully we'll get to see eachother for New Years!