Lucy and Alice and Wendy, oh my! People at BYU-Idaho consider the English Majors to be really weird students (and let me just say. . . WE ARE PROUD OF IT!!!). It must be because they are just jealous that they do not have nearly as much fun as we do! If someone comes up to us and starts talking literary we just have a ball because we have so much to say and so much excitement to share.
Today was an especially fun day for the english majors and once the other majors figured out what was going on they started having some fun with it as well, though they still think we are weird. As an English Major it is always fun to see my favoirte literary characters come to life! The EAS (English Academic Society) decided to have a selected amount of English Majors dress up as a literary character from some of our most beloved, favorite novels. The students that dressed up went about there day as normal, but when someone spots them and goes up to them and identifies who they are and what novel they are from they will give you a ticket and the ticket will help contribute to your chance of winning a free book (the more characters you identify, the more tickets you get, and then the better chance you have of winning a book). Yes, I know it is kind of nerdy in getting all worked up to win a book, but seriously that would be so awesome if I win!!! So today as I went about my day I identified 12 literay characters around campus and recieved 12 tickets. The first literary character I spotted was Wendy (Peter Pan), then Peter Pan (Peter Pan), Alice (Alice in Wonderland), Pippie (Pippie Longstalking), Mary Poppins (Mary Poppins), Star Girl (Star Girl), Lucy (Narnia), Cat in the Hat (Cat in the Hat), Scott Finch (To Kill a Mocking Bird), Harriett (Harriett the Spy), Tom Sawyer (The Adventures of Tom Sawyer), and final Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice).
Yes, today was an extremely fun day for english majors! I can not wait until next Thursday to see if I have chance of winning a book!!!! I AM SO EXCITED ;-)
March 11, 2010
WHERE'S DARCY??
Posted by Simply Britt at 9:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
What a fun idea! You should have taken pictures!
Post a Comment