When we think of St. Patrick's day we think of Green! At least that is what I have always interpretated it to be. Though, it is about slavery, missionary, and other terminalogy that we always seem to look over. I would get into more of the history of where St. Patrick came from, but that would be another story for another time. I must say though. . . my week has been filled with the color green. Not only is my favorite color green, but I have seen a lot of green.
March 16 (the day before St. Patricks) I was getting ready to go onto campus as usual and on Tuesdays I am the first one to leave my apartment. So it was about 7:30 in the morning and I put my coat on and opened the door. As I opened the door. . . an envelope fell down onto the ground right in front of me. I closed the door behind me and was now standing outside in the cool air. I bent downt to pick up the envelope and on the other side was my name. Curious I opened the envelope as I continued to walk to campus. Once open I looked inside. Twenty Dollars. That is all that was in the evelople. . . there was no note, card, or name, just twenty dollars in an envelope with my name on it.
I am grateful for the unexpected money, but I have no idea who would have left twenty dollars for me at my door. Thank you whoever!!
Any ways that was the mystery money left at my door the day before St. Patricks day and let me just say I did enjoy a wonderful college student st.patricks day dinner (made by me)!
My dinner included: Green eggs, Green jello, Green (mothergoose) popcorn w/ Green m&ms, and Green Koolaide. I know that this is a weird combination, but it was all so good!!
I did however end my awesome Green day with a MIDNIGHT run to Jack in the Box!!! two of my roommates, Katy and Megan, and our friend Jesse (he is one of our coworkers) made a quick run for some icecream and mozarella sticks at Jack in the Box. . . and yes we were about 10 minutes late for curfew, but it was worth it to get some good food!!!!!!
*check out my pictures... I have updated the pictures in march!
March 18, 2010
Leapin' Leprechauns
Posted by Simply Britt at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment