Being a security guard at the library on campus can get very boring at times. We have a desk at each entrance and you just sit their and watch the gate to see if the alarm goes off, if it goes off you stop the person you set it off and figure out what might have set it off (usually it is a library book). We also have a roamer, who walks around the library to make sure everybody is obeying the honor code. The fun part usually is when a friend walks in the library and you visit with them for a while and my co-workers are so much fun (two of them or my roommates). This job can be fun as far as people watching goes and well as people walk into the library you hear alot of interesting conversations going on.
One day I was sitting at the west desk when these two girls walked into the library...they looked at me and I acknowledged them with a smile. The next thing I heard was one of the girls turned to her friend and said, "I had a dream that I worked at a security desk." (Both Laughed). I'm still sitting sitting here (I thought).
Another day, I was walking around the library when I over heard a married boy talking to his guy friend (who was single). The married boy was getting into how his wife made him go to Wyoming this weekend because that is where she is from. He was saying that he wasn't that excited because the weather/wind is worse there. His friend just laughed and said "When I'm married I will just send my wife off by herself." (they bothed laughed) and then the married boy said, "You may think so now, but you will find once you are married 'a happy wife is a happy life.'" Ha...I thought that one was pretty darn good.
Alright, This girl walked in with a few of her guy friends. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but I did hear one thing that got me to laugh a bit. The girl said to her guy friends, "I seem to be more effective if my boyfriends don't speak to me." I don't know, but that got me to laugh a bit.
And the last thing that I can recall hearing was when this boy walked in talking on the cell phone. He was obviously talking about girl problems to someone and this is what he said in one sentence, "I don't know what to do, I'm lost, she's so confusing." That is all I heard, but it got a little laugh out of me just because he sounded like he was freakin' out.
Oh the things who hear around campus and especially as a security guard in the library while on duty!
February 11, 2010
ON DUTY~
Posted by Simply Britt at 8:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment