Snow, ice...these are two things that contribute to my clumsy self, though, who knew this could also lead up to meeting cute, eligible Returned Missionaries.
Typical Wednesday morning...I get up, get dressed, grab a quick breakfast and rush out the door for I won't be late for class. To no surprise, it was snowing. When it snows the sidewalks become a dangerous place to walk, not to mention slippery. I usually jay walk for I don't have to walk all they way up the street to the crosswalk, but this particular day I decided to be a good pedestrian and take the effort to go to the crosswalk.
Never again...because I found it is more dangerous to walk on those slippery sidewalks then to walk across the clear road to campus, so here I was, trying to keep my balance on the newly fallin snow and icy sidewalk. One step is all it took to find myself stepping onto an icy patch. Soon my slip turned into a fall.
It was a rather quick fall if I may add, but the landing was a bit more softer then I would have expected from the ground being ice.
Apparently, as I was falling to the frozen ground a boy spotted me from behind and came rushing up behind me in hopes to catch me before I hit the ground. Unfortuntly, he barely missed. Instead of hitting the ground...I ended up landing on his shoes. As I tried to take a glance up to look at him; he lost his balance and his slip turned into a fall causing me to get kicked in the butt and landing on the ground beside him.
Both laughing, we really didn't take a notice to all the people stopped around us...just staring. He got up and then took my hand to help me off the ground. I was probably a little red since I was pretty embarrassed on the whole situation.
We chatted for a second, until I realized I was going to be late for class when he quickly asked me for my number. I did give it to him and he immediately called my phone for I could have his.
Unfortuantly, we have been playing phone tag since Wednesday morning. He called me up first and left a brief messgae and we have not yet been able to get a hold of each other. Who knows...I might be going on a date sometime this month. ;-)
So next time somebody tells me I'm such a klutz or I'm so clumsy...I will just look at them and say, "So when was the last time a guy asked you for your number?"
The wonders of being clumsy!
January 21, 2010
The Wonders of being Clumsy
Posted by Simply Britt at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So, maybe he was walking behind you on purpose and found a convenient way of getting your number! lol! That's funny! You'll have to let us know if you get out on a date with him!
He could tell people that he "fell" for you!
Ha ha! That's awesome!
Post a Comment