CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 15, 2010

New Semester....New Responsibilities!

Saturday Night...

Nathan Turner walks into my apartment while me and Katy and Josh are just chillin and playing some games.

Turner: Sweet! Brittany, What are you doing tomorrow at 8:30?
Me: Sleeping.
Turner: Wrong Answer...you are going to be meeting with the Bishop at 8:30 before church.
Me: You are not on my favorite list right now.
Turner: Oh, but you are on the Lord's blessing list. ha!

Nathan Turner leaves

Katy: Check it out...someone's getting a new calling!
Josh: If I got a new calling I would want to be the Sunday School secretary.
Me: Oh, the last thing I want to be is Sunday School Teacher...I don't really like teaching at all. That is the one calling I don't want.

We continue playing our game, Josh leaves around curfew.

Sunday Morning...

I get up and get dressed for Churcha and head over to the Romney Building where I am to meet with the bishop.

Turner: Good Morning Britt! I'm so glad you came...you will be blessed!
ME: Yeah maybe the Bishop will tell me that I won't have a calling this semester. lol

Bishop come out of his office

Bishop: Brittany Anderson...why don't you come on back to my office.

I sit down on a chair in the office and await the Bishop to start speaking

Bishop starts asking me how i'm doing and we chat for a bit. Then...

Bishop: So Brittany, I understand that you were called as FHE Mom last semester and we would like at this time to release you fromt that calling.

Short Pause

Bishop: We have felt very strongly about your new calling and have thought about it for a while and we would love to call you as an Sunday School Teacher.

My head starts going in circles as I reflect on my converstaion from Saturday night when I told Josh and Katy that the one calling I do not want is to be one of the Sunday School Teachers.

Bishop: Do you accept this calling and the responsibilities that follow?

Not wanting to say anything and to just leave and pretend this never happened; I some how replied...

ME: Yes.

He shook my hand and told me that I will be set apart after Church today and I stumbled my way back home to meet up with my roommates to walk to church.


YES...I got a new calling and YES...it is the one calling I said I did not want! But I accepted never the less and will be teaching my first lesson this coming Sunday...wish me luck!

*I believe I Jinxed myself...be careful what you say...I believe the Lord has a sense of humor*

1 comments:

Emmie-Lew said...

You will be SO GOOD, Britt! Yay! Check out gospeldoctrine.com for some good material! :) Miss you~~