"We are shut up in schools and college recitation rooms for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last with a bellyful of words and do not know a thing. "
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82) U.S. essayist and poet.
BYU-Idaho...and here i go about to start my second year of my college education. With much excitement i am ready to tackle what this year has to offer.
Classes that i will be studing this coming semester are as follows:
- Leadership (RM)
- Creative Writing (ENG)
- ENV Stewardship (FDSCI)
- Light & Sound (FDSCI)
- Family Found (FDREL)
- Fund. Lit. Intrp. (ENG)
As i am very much looking forward to attending each one of these classes...i must also indulge my brains into the reading/books that are included with the courses.
- The Gospel and the Productive Life CES (FDREL)
- Eternal Marriage Student Manual CES (FDREL)
- Theory into Practice: Intro to Literary Crit (P) Dobie (ENG)
- Outdoor Leadership Graham (RM)
- Seagull Reader: Literature (Set: Plays/Poems/Stories) (P) Kelly (ENG)
- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Adventure Lansing (RM)
- Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons..(P) Morrell (RM)
- The Practice of Creative Writing: A Guide for Students Sellers (ENG)
DANG>> well, i guess as i continue preparing for my second year and tacking my new classes i can't wait to continue writing and sharing my BYU-IDAHO experince with y'all and i got a feelin' this will be an awesome year :)



3 comments:
Who is your creative writing teacher? I took that class at BYU-I from Bro. Harrell (can't remember his first name). It was a great class. Dang hard, but I really enjoyed it.
Also, have you ever read/heard about Shackleton's voyage to the South Pole? I've read that "Endurance" book you'll be reading, along with a few others about him and that trip. So interesting. You will like it I think -- it's an amazing story.
I had a class with brother Harrell, he was pretty awesome! I wanted to get him again for creative writing but his class was full. I have Steve Stewart for creative writing.
I never have heard of Shackleton..looking forward to it. lol
Welcome back! (Not that I'm there)
Post a Comment