CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 5, 2009

home away from home

So, I know this may sound silly, but have any of you guys ever got the feeling of feeling like you are home, but yet you are away from home. I must say being back home in Texas has giving me the thoughts that i'm actually away from my home in Idaho. Now, I have never been one who loved change and so when I moved to Idaho for college for the first time it was very difficult. I did begin to get home sick and wished I was home, but by the time I reached the end of my my winter semester, already living in Idaho for seven months, I came to realize that I was home and Idaho had become my home. Now, I do still consider Texas to be my home, don't get me wrong, Texas will always have a place in my heart no matter where I leave or where I go. But Idaho gave me a whole new look on life, I got to experience things I could have never even experienced at home. I recieved never ending friendships and family up in Idaho. I got to witness a whole new beauty of God's creation. I never really grew up around mountains and just being around them all the time got me feeling like I could live around them forever. Idaho is such a beautiful state and I can't wait to get back in the fall...yes the fall. It was difficult knowing I would have to leave such a place for four whole months wishing I could be up there all year round. Now the snow...haha..that is a different story. Never really grew up where snow was your typical everyday weather during the winter...lol. Well, after the first snow fall I found my self in a winter wonderland, surrounded by beauty and another one of the creations I never got to fully appreciate it. After a while the snow kinda got to me and I didn't really know what to do with it, but never the less it was something I could get use to. Texas has its beauty too, but let's face it...sorry not everything is bigger in Texas...go up to Idaho, sorry to disappoint you but mountains are much bigger then our hills..lol. But i'm proud to say both are my homes and I really do feel like I am home away from home...

Now, while up in Idaho...I kept having the song "What I like about Texas" playing over and over in my head...
Now is the time to be hearing those songs about Idaho. So yeah, I did my reasearch trying to find songs about Idaho and let me tell you it's not that easy considering they do not have nearly as many songs about them, compared to Texas..but never the less I found a song that I could possible relate to while being home in Texas wishing to be back home in Idaho...
The song is called "Idaho" by Nerina Pallot and here it is:
for the record...i'll probably be singing this song when the time comes to go back to Idaho :)

0 comments: