CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 7, 2009

Pond Skimming...

So here at BYU-IDAHO....people tend to do the craziest thing...along with the craziest activities... here at the I...we have a thing that they put on every winter...it's called pond skimming.

Pond Skimming is where you go down a big hill of snow on a snowboard, ski's, or a sled if you prefer and then skim over a pool of water (a pond).
students do the craziest things during it too...such as the costumes they put together for the event...some of the people that went down the slope were dressed as a box, superman, batman, rainbow bright, dressed in a suit and tie, outfits from DI, the 80's and so many more.

The event takes place on campus at the byu-idaho playing fields and is so much fun the event is free to go see and they even have free hot chocolate....

me and my neighbor..megan...went to the pond skimming event and they had an awesome torch for the amazing event...
now if you are still confused on how this whole pond skimming thing works...check out these video's that i took during the event...


dang...that boy did not have a shirt on...he must have been freezing

dude..that was totally batman doing it...

dressed like a boyscout..and dang, he crashes~

ha..so he totally crashes in the pond...dang

so i have totally decided that next winter i'm totally signing up to do pond skimming....it's going to be a blast....

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is hilarious! I'm sad they weren't doing it (or that I didn't know they were doing it) while I was there. And you totally should do it next year!

Joyce said...

This looks fun -- and I can totally see you joining in! I'd love to be there.