Dear MOM,
Eighteen years you have been there….from my first breath to the airport where we must part. I’m sorry I seemed rude as you tried to tell me goodbye…but it wasn’t easy seeing you cry and I really didn’t want to start but I could feel the tears filling up my eyes….just know that I’m wiping tears off my cheeks as I write this letter to you:) you have been the ultimate mom….never missing a soccer game since I first started at the age of eight to my last game at the age of 18….supporting my every decision as I made my way through high school…all the way to the steps I took across the stage reaching for my diploma. I really don’t know what I would do without you…as I sit here with tears in my eyes…I may have not told you everything, but you were very good at guessing what boys I liked and after that I could just talk to you about everything. I love you and thank you for it all…other wise I don’t think I could survive going to college right now. I’ll be home for Christmas…you can count on me…my last day was fun with you going to see mama mia~ now I got to go recover from the flood I’m forming with all these tears~
LOVE YOU BUNCHES~
BRITT:)
Dear Dad,
Ha…I’m sitting right here next to you on the plane…thank you for taking me to college and all and helping me get settled. Though you didn’t see me until I was nine days old, I’m pretty sure mom brought home the right baby…and if not I know I was meant to be your daughter. From piggyback rides to you taking me to college, you really are the world’s best dad:) Ever since I started playing soccer at the age of eight I would always look into the crowd and try to find you…I always found mom, but I rarely saw you. And when I did see you I was so happy and ready to play my best game because I always wanted you there. I’m sorry you’re losing your movie buddy…you’ll just have to convince mom and Neil to go. I love you and I’m glad you’re my dad….now I’ve got to wipe I new set of tears off my face….and I’ll be home before you can say the word Christmas:)
LOVE YOU BUNCHES~
BRITT:)
September 2, 2008
DEAR MA & PA
Posted by Simply Britt at 4:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Okay Brittany...you told me your blog URL and so I decided to try it -- I never expected that you had posted something! Now I've got my own set of tears -- or just a continuation of that that began at the airport. I walked in your bedroom a little bit ago and it felt so empty -- clean and tidy, but so many things are gone. I just had to sit there for a little while and think about you. Oh by the way -- thanks for cleaning your bathroom! I know you aren't one to always express your emotions so this blog means a lot. I will really miss you around here -- we really never knew what to expect. You have always helped to make our house a home. Good luck getting settled into school and your apartment. I love you and look forward to hearing all about it. Love, Mom
Post a Comment